Friday, August 10, 2012

Show!

My friend Amy runs No. 27 Gallery in Rochester, NH, and she asked me a few months ago if I would like to have a show in her space, I didn't really have to do much thinking about that one. No. 27 Gallery has a few different spaces in cafes in Rochester, and a main space that they share with the Rochester Museum of Fine Art. This main space is where my work is hanging for the month of August and last week we had the opening. I got great feedback from friends, but it is weird to show work that I've sort of put on hold a little bit since the residency. I showed one new piece, but other than that everything that is hanging was work that I had brought to the residency. I do think I want to revisit those pieces, but in a different way, and I haven't quite decided what to do with them yet. Here are some photos of the exhibit:







The last piece is the new one, and as far as displaying it goes, I am not sure yet how I will display it in the future. This space has a window, and Amy tried hanging it in the window, but it didn't work. I was hoping by hanging it in the window there would be a thrown shadow. So I will play some more with frames and light boxes once I get this piece back.

No comments:

Post a Comment